Monday 17 March 2014

Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge



I bought this Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge a couple of weeks ago but wanted to wait until I had the chance to film a 'First Impressions' video before trying it out. I had seen many good reviews of this product and after waiting weeks to try it anticipation was running high.

The pack claimed that the sponge could be used dry or damp. However, in trial it turned out using the sponge dry is a complete waste of time. I would suggest only using this damp, and it works brilliantly. The sponge is incredibly soft and swells in size once plunged into water and squeezed out thoroughly. It has a flat side, round edges, and a tapered end. I found the flat side was best at placing my foundation on the majority of my face, and the tapered end best for getting in the corners of the eyes and around the nostrils. I have also heard if you squish it lengthways it's good for contouring cheekbones with a darker foundation, but I haven't tried this out just yet.

The result of using this was FLAWLESS foundation, and I can't sing its praises enough for giving a natural 'your skin but better' finish. Additionally, I realised later in the day that somehow the application of the foundation on my nose actually helped it to stay in place all day and it didn't seem to rub/wear off as easily as it normally does in this area.

There are a few of cons to this product for me, the first being the hassle of washing the sponge all the time. I wouldn't say I'm the laziest person when it comes to washing my brushes, but I'm certainly not a 'wash every 1-3 uses' kind of gal. That seems pretty excessive... I'll guess I'll just have to see if I can get away with longer! Another thing I found was, although it covers my pores well, it just cant get into them as well as my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush can, especially round my nose and my nose piercing scar. Finally, I did find that because the moisture from the sponge wet my foundation slightly it made it crease on my eyelids a bit, but nothing that a bit of light brushing couldn't handle. From what I've gathered from YouTube a lot of people don't even put foundation on their eyes like me anyway!

To sum up I think this is an excellent product, especially for the wee price of £5.99. I probably wont be using it every day, but I will be using it for special occasions, such as my sister's wedding! (I'm doing her makeup! :O) I bought my one from boots and you can find it here.

The foundation I used was Revlon Colorstay for combination/oily skin in shade 180 Sand Beige and that can be found here

Below are some before and after shots and the video I filmed for YouTube.

Before
Before


After
After

After

No comments:

Post a Comment