Monday 13 January 2014

Karrimor X lite Convertible Run Jacket

HI again!
Yesterday I treated myself to a running jacket seeing as the weather is getting colder by the day, and today I went for my first run since.........November! :S Yes, it was horrible, and yes I did get that tight chest and sick feeling one gets when one is SO OUT OF SHAPE. The jacket however was wonderful! It wasn't too hot, I only had to unzip the front a bit near the end of my run (it wasn't even 4k mind).

 This jacket is pretty ugly, but I figure practicality is more important than aesthetics when it comes to running, who really looks good running anyway??!! The jacket also has removable sleeves to turn it into a gilet (there are little zips under the armpits and velcro under the collar to attach the neck part). I think it would be reasonably easy to take these off whilst running, but You'd probably need to stop and take the whole jacket off to put back on. I think this addition will be brilliant come spring. 

It has lots of breathable areas throughout the jacket, and soft material around the cuffs meaning the sleeves don't scratch the skin and they can easily be pulled up for a three quarter sleeve (no need to roll the sleeves as the cuffs will stretch to fit forearm). The jacket also has lots of pockets and I found the breast pocket to be the perfect size and placement to keep my phone. I picked this jacket up from Sports Direct for £24.99, down from £69.99 (click here). I would never pay £69.99 for this jacket but that's not to say it's bad quality, it's just not designer! The only thing I miss in this jacket is a hood, with that it would be 10/10, but as it is I give it 9/10.








No comments:

Post a Comment